Glass, Molders, Pottery, Plastics and Allied Workers International Union
Contact GMP Local 429
PO BOX 3143
LUFKIN, TX 75903
GMP Local 429 Officers
Post a message
About GMP Local 429The Glass, Molders, Pottery, Plastics and Allied Workers International Union (GMP) is one of the nation's most historic unions. The GMP originated in 1842 as the old Glass Bottle Blowers Association. Other organizations now merged into the present GMP trace their origins to the 19th century. In 1975, the former Glass Bottle Blowers Association (GBBA) merged with the Window Glass Cutters League. In 1982, the GBBA merged with the former International Brotherhood of Pottery and Allied Workers. This merger produced the Glass, Pottery, Plastics & Allied Workers International Union (GPPAW). Then in 1988, the former International Molders and Allied Workers Union merged with the GPPAW and thus created the present Glass, Molders, Pottery, Plastics & Allied Workers International Union (GMP). In 1992, the former Cooper Union merged with the GMP. Membership stands at 51,000 men and women in many lines of work including the industries of fine china, glass and plastic containers, insulation, sanitary ware and a broad range of other products and services.
Local Unions in LUFKIN, TXCWA Local 6218, PACE Local 1401, APWU Local 2945, NALC Local 2279, IAM Local 1999, IBEW Local 1645, PACE Local 411