Glass, Molders, Pottery, Plastics and Allied Workers International Union
Contact GMP Local 419
814 CHESTER AVE
EAST LIVERPOOL, OH 43920
GMP Local 419 Officers
Post a message
About GMP Local 419The Glass, Molders, Pottery, Plastics and Allied Workers International Union (GMP) is one of the nation's most historic unions. The GMP originated in 1842 as the old Glass Bottle Blowers Association. Other organizations now merged into the present GMP trace their origins to the 19th century. In 1975, the former Glass Bottle Blowers Association (GBBA) merged with the Window Glass Cutters League. In 1982, the GBBA merged with the former International Brotherhood of Pottery and Allied Workers. This merger produced the Glass, Pottery, Plastics & Allied Workers International Union (GPPAW). Then in 1988, the former International Molders and Allied Workers Union merged with the GPPAW and thus created the present Glass, Molders, Pottery, Plastics & Allied Workers International Union (GMP). In 1992, the former Cooper Union merged with the GMP. Membership stands at 51,000 men and women in many lines of work including the industries of fine china, glass and plastic containers, insulation, sanitary ware and a broad range of other products and services.
Local Unions in EAST LIVERPOOL, OHBAC Local 14, UWUA Local 457, SEIU Local 101, USW Local 8645, GMP Local 417, BAC Local 10